MU Marauder Marching Band Student Leadership Audition
The leadership positions of color guard captains, section leaders, and drum majors are open to any returning member of the Marauder Marching Band.
Section Leaders and Drum Majors:
- Sign-up and interview/audition with marching band staff
- Your playing audition should consist of a minimum of 32 measures on your primary instrument for marching band.
- Fill out the attached form in its entirety to submit during your interview.
- Prepare and conduct the National Anthem to a recording during your audition.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ruZBrV0J4 (Dallas Wind Symphony – Sousa/Damrosch)
- Prepare to conduct in the following time signatures:
The need for strong student leadership is an essential element in any marching band, so I hope you strongly consider applying for a position.
2017 Marauder Marching Band Leadership Application
Number of Years in the MU Marching Band______
Position(s) you are applying for: (check all that apply)
- Drum Major____________
- Section Leader__________
- Color Guard Captain__________
Related Experience Applied to the Position(s) Above
- Write and attach a detailed essay addressing specific examples that enhance your qualification for the position(s) applied for (2 page max). Also, please answer the following questions:
- What are the aspects of a good leader?
- What traits make you qualified as a leader?
- Discuss in depth ways that you can make a positive impact in the overall product of the Marauder Marching Band.
- What are some ideas you have for band this upcoming season?
This information is very important and will impact the choices made.